◼ Listen to: Community Comment with Erin Dunn on KINS. HERE
◼ Read Erin's County Comment HERE.
Per Erin: Here's how you can help NOW.
- Please shop in Fortuna. The businesses that were burned are not the lonely businesses affected by the tragedy.
- Check out ◼ Gofundme.com/fortunastrong, make an online donation. Every dollar counts.
- Pay your Horizons and Greens Pharmacy bills directly at Umpqua Bank.
- Shop at Ferndale Clothing this Saturday, Feburary 7th and 20% goes to help the fire victims through the gofundme.com account
- Buy a ticket or donate an auction item to the Fortuna Strong Fundraiser on Feb 27 at River Lodge. No host bar and dinner and a live auction. Tickets are $50 each and you can buy tickets at the Chamber Office. (And: Tickets are HERE and AVAILABLE NOW at the following locations: Precision Intermedia, Sequoia Gas (Main St. Office), Strehl's Family Shoes & Repair, Beverage Plus Foods, Fortuna Chamber of Commerce, & River Lodge Conference Center & Gift Shop.)
◼ Fortuna Business Fire Relief - GoFundMe
This Sunday will be the last day of the campaign. I want to get the money out and distributed as soon as possible to start aiding with relief. If anyone wants to make a contribution to the community affected by the fire afterwards please refer to the facebook page: ◼ "Fortuna Strong Community Fundraiser" (image source) which is being put on by Hops in Humboldt. This event will be a dinner, auction, and a lot of fun!!
And again, THANK YOU to the donors of this campaign, I am sooooo elated with what the community did for us! You guys are amazing and this is what living in a small area is all about!! We all take care of each other. Unbelievable!!!
◼ ‘Fortuna Strong’: Online Fundraising Campaign Established for Businesses Scorched by Fortuna Fire - Lost Coast Outpost
For those feeling the urge to lend a financial hand to the people whose businesses were decimated by the flames, a GoFundMe campaign has been set up online. LoCO received a message from Dakota Daetwiler, the campaign’s starter and owner of Dakota Designs art gallery, one of five businesses that occupied space on the Star Hotel Building’s ground floor. Her “Fortuna Strong” page has already raised over $1,300 toward her goal of $10,000 that, if achieved, will be equally distributed among those affected.
Lost Coast Outpost:
◼ City of Fortuna Fire Update
◼ Main Street Fire (Afternoon)
◼ The Fire From Above
◼ Main Street Fire (Mid Morning)
◼ Main Street Fire (Early Morning)