The CRP’s Darkest Hour or our Finest Hour? « FlashReport https://t.co/TT9daQnBBX— David Hadley (@DavidHadleyCA) December 6, 2018
...Fourth, I offer an honest diagnosis. Our position is more disastrous than most have acknowledged, and we have daunting challenges to overcome if we want to compete here:
- Dramatic demographic changes – Republican voters moving out of state, new residents leaning left.
- A national GOP that has not sought to appeal to California voters for over 20 years.
- County parties in parts of the state that are on life support.
- The daunting money, organization and technology of the special interests that control the California Democratic Party (and their billionaire friends).
- State election law changes that reward aggressive ballot harvesting and provide little protection against voter fraud.
- Leftist media bias and the hollowing out of local media mean that even the most shameful or illegal behavior by Democratic elected officials and bureaucrats gets virtually no coverage.
- A CRP that has too often demonstrated it would rather lose than change.
And these challenges feed on themselves. GOP voter turnout lags. Volunteers and donors get demoralized or focus their efforts out of state. Recruiting quality candidates gets harder.
Amid all the bad news, there is one big reason for optimism. Our core values are the right values for California, and our policies are the right policies for most Californians. It has never been easier to make the case for the GOP:
- If you believe in equal justice under the law,
- If you believe in free speech,
- If you believe in economic growth and opportunity,
- If you believe in low taxes,
- If you believe in the family as the most important institution in society,
- If you believe in environmental improvement instead of environmentalism as religion,
- If you believe the US is a force for good in the world, and
- If you believe that citizenship has meaning,
Then welcome to the Republican Party! Because most Californians share these values and our political opponents have abandoned them. It’s as simple as that....